Fasting Chronicles Day 12

Fasting Chronicles Day 12:

The day started out pretty emotional. A particular friend has been on my mind lately. I haven't spoken to her in several years, and I think it is time I made a call to her. Whether she will speak to me or not, I don't know, but I owe her and myself that call. Talking about the situation with my husband, I just cried and cried. It felt good to let out all those emotions I (guess) had been bottled up. I actually had a dream last night about this friend, and it brought everything to the forefront.

I don't know if I had mentioned it in any of my previous posts, but I had broken out on my face, especially the cheeks. My skin definitely does not look like what I am used to. Anyway, daily care, my skin is starting to clear up. It looks pretty good. I also shaved my armpits (I usually keep winter pits - not shaved) but the odour is beginning to kill me and family slowly. I could not contain the smell as deodorant, tea tree oil, nothing has been working, so I felt the only way to take care of this was to shave.

My mind is clear, although my energy is super low. I have enough to complete tasks as they come and then I have to sit. I mustered up enough energy to make breakfast for the kids and I am now back on the couch. Feeling really sleepy and I think I will take a quick nap, before I get to working.

Neither nap nor work came. Instead, I had a very interesting conversation with my sister about body perception, weight loss versus fat loss and how most people do not know the difference.

Many people tell themselves they want to lose weight, when in actuality they want to lose fat. This miseducation has made many a trainers, gyms, nutritionists and dieticians rich. Well, think about it, what is the point of educating people if someone out there is going to lose money? We live in a society where carb is king. Unfortunately, many food companies have made their billions, yes billions of dollars off of selling sugar filled, carb loaded "foods". The average consumer is so inundated with daily responsibilities that they buy into these every day conveniences, even if it to the detriment of their health.

Food is no longer considered medicine. We no longer eat because we are hungry or even give a good thought to what we are eating, where the food came from or how it was prepared. That signal in our brains to tell us we hungry or full has been shut off in many of us. Most of us will eat because the food was advertised to us or we see others eating.We are busy, we lead busy lives, we have obligations to ourselves, our families, our jobs, our friends. Who has the time to really be thinking about what they put in their mouths? Besides, if the food was not fit for human consumption, they wouldn't be in the stores, right? You would be surprised.

I feel off this afternoon, weak with a funny taste at the back of my throat, that's been there for a few days now. I can't seem to get rid of it, no matter how much gargling or brushing I do. The only thing that seems to help is drinking. The husband is having a rough time today. There was even talk of him finishing the fast today. He doesn't want any tea, so I am giving him plain water to drink. He's been sleeping for most of the day. I asked him if he was ready to end the fast and he said he would see how he feels. Trying to regain your health is not easy, and I am super proud of him for attempting.

My eldest is going out tonight, and with the husband sleeping, guess who has to take him? Anyway, I am going to use the opportunity to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few items. Remember how many times a week I grocery shop? Anyway, a few items turned into a complete grocery shop. I figured I would pick ingredients for the coming week. Today being Friday, I have already cooked dinner, tomorrow is burgers and fries and Sunday will be stewed chicken with rice. Knowing what they will be having, prevents me from using up too much energy. An example of that, was the faint feeling I had in the grocery store. I had to lean on the cart for support and when we were done, I quickly ushered my daughter out of the store.

The husband is still sleeping and it looks like he will be out for the rest of the evening. I will have to pick up my son. Well, the other three have had their dinners and are settled in for movie night, complete with popcorn and Ringalos. No hatin' here.

After I picked up my son, my husband woke up. I had some broth waiting for him. He said it made a world of difference in how he felt. He said he would continue.

Day 1 vs. Day 12



I am going to try and settle my stomach. I might, just might have some broth. We'll see.

P.S. Did not have the broth.

Tomorrow is day 13. Bring it on.

Thank you so much for reading.

MA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fasting Chronicles Day 16

Fasting Chronicles Day 14

Fasting Chronicles Day 19